Todd Herndon– Noxious Weed Superintendent
1621 W 10th Street
North Platte, NE 69101
(308) 534-4350 ext 4221
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Complaints about noxious weeds in Lincoln County can be made by calling the Weed Superintendent’s office at (308) 532-4939 or by completing the weed complaint form provided here and submitting it to Lincoln County Noxious Weed Control Authority. You can print this form out and mail it to the office at: 1621 W 10th, North Platte, NE 69101.
The county weed superintendent duties include:
- Being certified, in writing, by the Nebraska Department of Agriculture as a commercial applicator.
- Examining all lands under the jurisdiction of the control authority to determine if the Noxious Weed Control Act and the rules and regulations are being complied with.
- Compiling infestation data and other reports as the Director of Agriculture or control authority may require.
- Supervising and carrying out the coordinated control program within the county.
- Completing 20 hours of continuing education, annually.
- Ascertaining and tabulating the approximate amount and location of land infested with noxious weeds in the county, annually.
- Ascertaining and preparing information required by the county board for preparation of the county budget.
Below are the current 9 noxious weeds in Nebraska. For more information on each weed, please click on the image for downloadable fact sheet.
|Canada Thistle||Leafy Spurge||Musk Thistle|
|Phragmites||Plumeless Thistle||Purple Loosestrife|
|Saltcedar||Spotted Knapweeds||Japense Knotweed|
NOTICE TO PUBLISH BLACK-TAILED PRAIRIE DOG MANAGEMENT PLAN