Mission Statement

We strive to serve the public in a helpful, courteous, and efficient manner, while maintaining the utmost integrity and fairness. The customers of the Lincoln County Treasurer’s Office are the purpose of our work.

To reach our mission these goals must be accomplished:

  • Prompt and courteous service to the residents of Lincoln County
  • Honesty and Efficiently
  • Maintain communication and cooperation with fellow employees, agencies, and the public.
  • Teamwork

Alex Gurciullo-Treasurer
Sheri Newton-Deputy Treasurer

301 North Jeffers Rm 102
North Platte NE 69101

9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday – Friday (excluding holidays)
(Open over noon hour)

Real Estate & Personal Property (308) 534-4350 ext. 4125
Motor Vehicle (308) 534-4350 ext. 4142

Real Estate & Personal Property (308) 535-3519
Motor Vehicle (308) 535-3523


Address: 311 North Vine St Ste #1
North Platte NE 69101

Phone: (308) 534-4350 ext. 4155

Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Monday – Friday (excluding holidays)
(Open over noon hour)

Things you will find on this site: www.dmv.nebraska.gov/forms

  • 5-year license overview
  • Nebraska Driver’s License Manual & practice test
  • Driver Safety Course & Provisional Operators Permit (POP)
  1. To collect all revenues for the County.
  2. To bill and collect all real estate and personal taxes in the County.
  3. Title and register all motor vehicles, boats, and snowmobiles with tax situs in the County.
  4. To disburse collections to the proper political subdivisions.

Real Estate, Drainage, Occupation and Personal Property taxes are Due and Payable December 31
First Half becomes Delinquent May 1
Second Half becomes Delinquent September 1

Records Search
Online Payment Services


Property Tax Search https://lincoln.gworks.com/

For information on the annual Tax Sale, please call the Lincoln County Treasurer’s Office at the number listed above.

The Public Tax Lien Sale is held on the first Monday in March beginning at 9:00 a.m. at Lincoln County Courthouse, 301 N Jeffers, North Platte NE 69101, District Court Room, third floor.

The list of delinquent taxes available for purchase is published the first three Saturdays in February in the North Platte Telegraph, 621 N Chestnut St., 308-532-6000. On or before February 5th of each year, as required by statute, we will forward a copy of the list to the Property Tax Administrator, who will post it to the Department of Revenue website, https://revenue.nebraska.gov/. GIS Viewer, which contains pertinent information on each parcel, is available at: https://lincoln.gworks.com/.

Provide your bidders with the most current updated Delinquent List that is available on our website. The County Treasurer will also be using this same list at the public tax sale. It is essential that the bidder have the correct list so the tax sale can run efficiently. A current tax list will be available for you to print by 5:00 p.m. the Friday, before the tax sale. We will provide the current list for a $25.00 fee, cash, card, or check. Please email or call 308-534-4350 ext. 4125 for a copy.

Pre-registration is mandatory along with a $25.00 application fee (nonrefundable). The deadline is Monday, week prior to tax sale, at 4:30 p.m. We will not accept registration fees the day of the sale. The registration form is available on the Treasurer’s link at the above website or by mail upon request. Please return it to the Lincoln County Treasurer’s Office along with a Form W-9 and a signed blank check prior to the sale. We will have participants meet in front of the Real Estate Office on the first floor to draw numbers, then go to the third floor to sign in. This will determine the seating order of each participant. Once a number has been drawn, the participant will proceed to the seat corresponding with the number they have drawn. The doors will open at 8:15 a.m. so there is adequate time to draw numbers and get seated.

The sale is conducted in a round robin format used extensively in Nebraska with monetary value, descending order. You will receive a number when you check in and that will be your bidder number. Bidder Number 1 will have the option of purchasing or passing the first parcel and so on. A representative is considered to have passed if they are not present when their number comes up. Each company may be represented by only on individual and one individual may not represent multiple companies. There is currently a $20.00 fee per certificate which is non-refundable upon tax sale redemption. Upon completion of the sale, we will process your certificates in a timely fashion and mail your copies to you. The originals are kept in our office.


You should pay the subsequent taxes as they become delinquent (May 1st and September 1st). We will not process requests for subsequent taxes until all mail has been processed. You will need to provide us with parcel numbers, certificate numbers and your blank check. We will word subsequent taxes in the order in which they are received.

The certificate of tax sale is held for three years before you can foreclose on the property. (That is three years from the original tax sale date). This date will be indicated on each of the certificates you purchased, at this time, please contact an attorney for legal advice. Lincoln County does not provide this information to you. There are statutory timelines for both foreclosures and deeds, and if they are not met according to these statutes, you could lose your entire investment.


If you purchase a tax lien and the homeowner subsequently files bankruptcy, we will notify you of these proceedings. At this time, it would be wise to obtain advice from an attorney-we will not give out any legal advice or help you prepare your bankruptcy claim forms.

Section 77-1801-1941 of the Nebraska state statutes deals with tax sale and certificates. You may view the chapter at www.nebraskalegislature.gov.

Informational Materials Available in Office:

  • Nebraska Boating Guide
  • Specialty License plate applications

Items required for issuance of a Nebraska title:

  • Title
  • Application for Title
  • Odometer Statement
  • Title fee of $10.00
  • Lien Contract (if financed)
  • Lien fee of $7.00 (if financed)

NOTE: Some titles have an odometer statement on the reverse side and a separate statement is not necessary.

Out of State Title Inspection
Before a Nebraska title can be issued on a vehicle with an out of state title, the vehicle and title must be inspected at the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, to verify Vehicle Identification Numbers.

NOTE: There is a $10.00 inspection fee.

The Sheriff’s Office is located at:
302 N Jeffers
North Platte NE 69101
Phone: (308) 535-9599

Things you will find on this site. https://dmv.nebraska.gov/dvr/index

  • Message License Plate Information
  • Husker Spirit License Plate Information
  • Vehicle Title & Registration Information

Things you will find on this site. https://edmv.nebraska.gov

  • Specialty Plate
    • Order Specialty Plates
    • Specialty Plate Order Status
  • Vehicle Inquiry
    • Vehicle Fee Estimator
    • Title inquiry
    • Notice of Transfer
  • Fleet
    • Request for Fleet Account

Frequently Asked Questions

When are the taxes due and delinquent?

  • Taxes for Real Estate and Personal Property are due by Dec. 31st.
  • 1st half is delinquent the following May 1st.
  • 2nd half is delinquent the following Sept. 1st.
  • Example – 2022 tax year was due Dec 31st, 2022, and delinquent May 1st, 2023, and Sept. 1st, 2023. Interest collected on delinquent date.

When are tax statements mailed?
By December 10th. Only one statement per parcel is mailed out, and you will not receive a notice prior to the delinquent date(s).

If my taxes are paid by a mortgage company, will I still get a tax statement?
Yes, statements are mailed to the last known address of the person against whom such taxes are assessed. Failure to receive such statement or notice does not relieve the taxpayer from any liability to pay such taxes or special assessments and any interest or penalties accrued thereon.

I need to make an address change for my Real Estate or Personal Property Tax.
Call and notify the County Assessor’s Office at (308) 534-4350 ext. 4170.

Do you accept credit cards?
Yes. Fees will apply. MasterCard, Visa, Discover can be accepted for property tax payments, motor vehicle registrations & drivers licenses.

I am a Nebraska resident and need to renew my car license plates. What documents do I need to bring in?
You’ll need to bring proof of current insurance and your current registration or renewal notice & a valid ID or Driver’s License.

I have moved to Lincoln County from another Nebraska county. What do I need to do?
You do not need to renew your Nebraska plates until they expire. At that time, bring in your current registration, proof of current insurance, and we will register you as a Lincoln County citizen. You will not get a renewal card from Lincoln County but could get one from your previous county. Be aware of your vehicle expiration date and come in and renew your registration in the month of your expiration.
NOTE: Check driver’s license requirements on the DMV website.

I lost my registration and/or plates. How do I replace them?
Come in and we will issue you a lost registration and/or plates.  Fees will apply.

If you have a question that isn’t answered here, you can contact us at:
Real Estate and Personal Property: (308) 534-4350 ext. 4125
Motor Vehicle Registration: (308) 534-5350 ext. 4142.

I lost my driver’s license. How can I get another one? (Identification card, learners permit, or school permit)
A duplicate card can be issued if the driver’s license has not expired. Go to the State Examiner’s Office (located on the 311 N Vine Street) and upon proof of identity you will fill out an affidavit. Only acceptable proof of age and identity as required by Nebraska State Statute are accepted. Original documents only (photocopies will not be acceptable), containing name and date of birth, the most common ones being a certified birth certificate or a certified marriage license. Hospital issued birth certificates and birth registrations cannot be accepted.

I have moved. Do I have to change my address on the driver’s license or identification card?
Yes. Apply to any State Examiner’s Office within 60 days for a replacement drivers license or ID card. You will need to fill out an application. Fees will apply.

I have changed my name. Do I need to update my driver’s license, permit, or ID card?
Yes. Apply to any State Examiner’s Office within 60 days for a replacement. You must furnish satisfactory evidence of such change (i.e., a marriage license, divorce decree or court order which shows previous name and current name). Fill out an application, and your license will be updated. Fees will apply.

How can I pay?
We accept cash or credit cards; we do not accept checks for this service.